The East Boston Greenway is a recreational open space in East Boston that runs from the historic Jeffries Point Waterfront through the neighborhood towards Constitution beach and beyond. Residents of all ages use it running, jogging, walking, biking, or just strolling while taking in the historic and ecological beauty of various points along its length. Though the Greenway is in part-owned by the city of Boston and in part by Massport, the Friends of East Boston Greenway, an organization of residents, stewards its use and serves as the stewardship body.
Greenway Council Meetings
The East Boston Greenway Council typically meets the last Thursday of each month at 6:30 – 7:30 PM at the Anna Defronzo Senior Center (395 Maverick St, East Boston, MA 02128).
2019 Greenway Council Schedule
- Thursday, January 24, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, February 28, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, March 28, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, April 25, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 23, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, June 24th, 6:30 PM / Annual Meeting
- July – TBD
- August – TBD
- Thursday, September 26, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, October 24, 6:30 PM
- November – TBD, 6:30 PM